Matthew S. Wagner
A highly skilled, motivated, professional director / developer / designer / manager and marketing expert with a keen eye for detail. A savvy design and marketing guru with a lifetime of experience in the creative field, including expertise in nearly all forms of visual communication. A master of traditional and online marketing, with skillful proficiency in graphic and web development applications and frameworks.
Recent Job Experience
- BRAND MANAGER, CRYSTAL PRODUCTS, DALTON, GA – JAN 2011 – CURRENT
- Now into my 13th year (on and off) with the brand SYNLawn. Hired as member of the original marketing and graphics team, my role has since evolved to include my current position as SYNLawn Brand Manager. My part continues to grow as the SYNLawn brand is exploding and has become widely accepted as an environmentally friendly alternative to natural grass. Having been a part of this company’s rise to success has been deeply rewarding.
- CONTRACTOR, CASSELBERRY, FL – JAN 2010 – DEC 2010
- As a contract-for-hire worker, my focus remained primarily with the parent company that acquired SYNLawn (previous employer), to which I was contracted to continue as a brand manager, marketing director, graphic artist, and web developer.
- PAGE12.COM, INC., SANFORD, FL — APRIL 2006 – DEC 2009
- An upstart marketing firm of former SYNLawn employees providing a one-stop solution for web development, internet applications, all forms of creative marketing, as well as provide sales and operational support for both large and small upstart companies. As the ‘go-to’ guy within the company, my duties were to ‘make it happen’ Several electronic examples are represented on this site, so please, look around.
- SYNLAWN, ORLANDO, FL — DECEMBER 2005 – DECEMBER 2006
- Original creators of extremely realistic artificial grass products for landscaping applications. Graphic artist, web designer and marketing support duties included the creation, development and management of marketing and visual materials for the corporate office, as well as distributors worldwide. The success of the company inevitably led to acquisition by the makers of AstroTurf (whom I am currently employed by).
- DIXON TICONDEROGA CO., HEATHROW, FL — JUNE 2002 – SEPTEMBER 2005
- Originators of the Yellow No. 2 Pencil as well as educational product and art supply manufacturers. Graphic artist, marketing support and web designer, duties included a complete overhaul of Dixon’s product and brand lines boosting the company’s overall share in the retail, online and educational product markets. My package designs for the Ticonderoga pencils are still in use today.
Artist — Designer — Director — Manager — Marketeer
With humble beginnings as an obsessive doodler turned creative professional, my career path has led me through several unique positions and industries accumulating a diverse skill set through experience. Including a strong understanding of branding, marketing, SEO, web development, and graphic design combined with traditional and online marketing strategies for the consumer, educational, landscape and sports industries. Graciously borrowed from my father (a school teacher for 32 years), my motto has always been:
"I’m here to help you"
Salary requirements, and professional references available upon request.