Matthew S. Wagner
A highly skilled, motivated director/developer/designer/manager and strategic marketing expert with a keen eye for detail. A savvy design and marketing guru with a lifetime of experience in the creative field, including expertise in nearly all forms of visual communication. A master of traditional and online marketing, with skillful proficiency in graphic and web development applications and frameworks.
Recent Job Experience
- CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT MANAGER, SYNLAWN / SYNTHETIC TURF RESOURCES CORP., DALTON, GA – JAN 2011 – CURRENT
- 15+ years with the SYNLawn brand, an innovator in commercial, residential, and golf artificial landscape grass as a member of the original sales and marketing team. Over the years, my role has included several positions, including Customer Engagement Manager, Brand Manager, Web Marketing Strategist, Designer, and Developer while becoming the brand curator, custodian, and resident historian. Currently, the SYNLawn brand is rapidly scaling on the worldwide stage as the global leader of environmentally responsible artificial grass and sustainable surfacing products. What began as a small startup company has evolved into the largest manufacturer of artificial grass in North America while expanding to South, and Central America as well as Europe, Australia, and Japan.
- CONSULTANT, CASSELBERRY, FL – JAN 2010 – DEC 2010
- A contract-for-hire marketing consultant with a primary focus on SYNLawn’s strategic marketing efforts for Synthetic Turf Resources (STR), parent company to renowned brands such as AstroTurf and Polytan. Upon restructuring of STR’s internal corporate structure, an agreement was reached to become SYNLawn’s brand manager, marketing director, graphic artist, and web developer.
- PROJECT MANAGER, PAGE12.COM, INC., SANFORD, FL — APRIL 2006 – DEC 2009
- A marketing firm providing a one-stop solution for web development, internet applications, all forms of creative marketing, as well as provide sales and operational support for both large and small upstart companies with a continuing focus on the SYNLawn brand. As the ‘go-to’ guy within the company, my duties were to ‘make it happen.’
- MARKETING SPECIALIST, SYNLAWN, ORLANDO, FL — DECEMBER 2005 – DECEMBER 2006
- Innovators and creators of the artificial lawn and landscape grass category for residential, commercial applications including pet areas, playgrounds, roof surfaces, and more. As a graphic designer, web developer, and copywriter, my work helped lay the foundation for the brand and the industry.
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER, DIXON TICONDEROGA CO., HEATHROW, FL — JUNE 2002 – SEPTEMBER 2005
- Originators of the Yellow No. 2 Pencil as well as educational product and art supply manufacturers. Graphic artist, marketing support and web designer, duties included a complete overhaul of Dixon’s product and brand lines boosting the company’s overall share in the retail, online, and educational product markets. My work and package designs for Dixon Ticonderoga’s pencils are still used within retail stores throughout North America and beyond today.
Artist — Designer — Director — Manager — Marketeer
With humble beginnings as an obsessive doodler turned creative professional, my career path has led me through several unique positions and industries accumulating a diverse skill set through experience. Including a strong understanding of branding, marketing, SEO, web development, and graphic design combined with traditional and online marketing strategies for the consumer, educational, landscape and sports industries.
“I’m here to help you”
Salary requirements, and professional references available upon request.
Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Creative Suite, Advertising, Advertising Management, Content Creation, Content Delivery Networks, Copy Editing, Digital Asset Management, Digital Marketing Specialist, Email Marketing, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Graphic Arts, Graphic Design, Marketing, Marketing Analysis, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Automation, Marketing Strategy, Microsoft Office 365, Online Advertising, Pay Per Click, Payment Gateway, Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, SEO Copywriting, Social Marketing, Social Media Advertising, Social Media Campaigns, Social Media Marketing, Web Design, Web Development, Web Development Tools, Written Communication, WordPress, WooCommerce